How to restore files
By following these steps, you can look at past versions of a folder and see if you can locate your file. We will be going into the properties of the folder, to look at previous backed up versions of your file (if there are any).
1. Go to the folder the file is in, right-click on the white background and click 'Properties':
3. A box will pop up like this:
4. Click the 'Previous Versions' tab (circled in red):
5. You'll see a screen a bit like this, which shows the dates and times of all the back-ups of the folder:
6. Select the date you want, when you think you last saw the file there - in this example I am going to select one from the 3rd November and click Open so I can have a look at it:
7. The folder will now open. You can tell it's a backup version of the folder from an earlier date because it has the date at the top:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/60041351881/original/eYS70SSmCbICAdT5N2wyABPL-tAAXh1aNQ.png?1632405393" style="padding: 0px; user-select: text; -webkit-user-drag: none; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; border: none; width: 601px; height: 192px; white-space: pre !important;" data-attachment="[object Object]" data-id="60041351881">
8. Then in that backup version of the folder from a previous date, open your file and see if the information is all there. If it is, you can right click on the file, copy it, and then paste it into your original folder (and click Yes to any prompt asking if you want to overwrite the file).